West Perry School District has three literacy intervention coaches. Each literacy intervention coach will serve as a resource to the students, parents, and staff in order to facilitate the implementation and achievement of the school's instructional goals.
Some of their roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Administering benchmark assessments and screenings
- Assisting with interpretting data to identify students for interventions
- Supporting classroom teachers with the intervention process by providing resources and strategies for differentiated instruction. This may be done through grade level meetings, individual teacher conferencing, etc.
- Researching and providing content knowledge about current teaching strategies to staff members by participating in trainings, conferences, or workshops
- Supporting the professional development provided through the Capital Area Intermediate Unit to implement teaching strategies with fidelity
- Observing staff/students upon request and providing feedback
- Modeling or co-teaching lessons in classrooms
Meet the Literacy Intervention Coaches...
(Click on a coach's name below to go directly to her individual website.)
Mrs. Kepner will be working at several locations including Messiah Day Care, Capital Area Intermediate Unit, Head Start, Blain Elementary, Carroll Elementary, and New Bloomfield Elementary. She can be reached most easily by email at email@example.com. However, her home location phone number is (717) 582-4256 ext. 4005 at Carroll Elementary. If you go to Mrs. Kepner's Calendar, you will see her schedule for each week. Most weeks, her schedule will be as follows:
Monday- Messiah Day Care
Tuesday - Blain Elementary School
Wednesday - Capital Area Intermediate Unit and Head Start
Thursday - Carroll Elementary School
Friday - New Bloomfield Elementary School
Monday- New Bloomfield
Tuesday-Flexible day (Available based on need)
Thursday- Flexible day (Available based on need)
Mrs. Grove will be working at Blain Elementary, Carroll Elementary, and New Bloomfield Elementary. She can be reached most easily by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, her home location phone number is (717) 582-4256 ext. 4005 at Carroll Elementary.
Mrs. Sweigart will be working at West Perry High School. She can be reached via email at email@example.com or by phone at (717) 789-3931 ext. 5221.